Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

1967 GTA Convertible w/390 CI - Carburetor Question

(1/3) > >>

lprice1024:
Just inherited a 1967 GTA Convertible with the 390 CI engine. Is the correct carburetor a Holley 4 Barrel #C70F9510D?
Is it possible to get a rebuilt one or is it possible to rebuild this one?
Should the last letter in the Model # be a D or either A,B, or C?
Thanks from a neophyte.
LP

lprice1024:
Just inherited a 1967 GTA Convertible with the 390 CI engine. Is the correct carburetor a Holley 4 Barrel #C70F9510D?
Is it possible to get a rebuilt one or is it possible to rebuild this one?
Should the last letter in the Model # be a D or either A,B, or C?

Additional Info -  DSO - 15, TRANS - U, DATE - 27F, AXLE - 1, TRIM - 2A
Thanks,
LP

DSO 90:
Hi,

You have a 4150 Holley four barrels; It's the right carburetor on your 390 ci. (the most current carburetor on FE engines)
For your main question, both are possible; you can get a new one, that model is still built or you can
buy a "rebuild kit" and clean it, that the less expensive if you can do it by yourself... ;)

You have a problem in particular with your carburetor ?

lprice1024:
The car has sat for a couple of years and upon trying to start it the carb is leaking like crazy.
Do you know where you can buy a new one?
Does the last letter of the model # matter? Mine is a D, I've seen them with the same part number but with an A.B.C.orD.
Thanks,
LP

DSO 90:
Hi,

You can find it, in some automotive suppliers such as "Jeg's racing", "Summit"... (follow the link below)
http://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/Holley-Ultra-Double-Pumper-Manual-Choke-Carburetors/2802148/10002/-1

Sincerely, I don't know the difference between these several digits (A,B,C or D), but the most important is the capacity; In your case, originally that must be an 650 CFM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version