Author Topic: FREEZE PLUG???  (Read 8404 times)

ror_schach

• Mustang: 1993 GT
Re: FREEZE PLUG???
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
thats not how mine is right now. but it still fires up and runs. it runs rough though. that normal? will it still start up if its not wired right, i've also noticed that i have to turn my distributor a lot futher clockwise than most pictures i see of other engines. if i put it where it appearently should be, it bogs down and cuts off. some kind of timing issue i'm assuming. that or the firing order. i'll have to find out after i figure out if i screwed up my battery. dropped a wrench the other day and it just happened to land on both post at the same time. since then it just won't hold a charge. it'll crank up and run if i jump it off and it'll crank up once or twice after that. but then it dies. could be the alternator?

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 08:02:50 PM »
Try the firing order I gave you, get the timing at about 10 BTDC, get a new battery, then see if that doesn't fix it.  You probably fried a cell or two on the battery when you shorted it.  You may just have one or two wires going to the wrong plugs.   It wil start and run, but will be shitty. 

ror_schach

• Mustang: 1993 GT
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »
i'll get right on it in the morning. i know a place that sells reconditioned batteries for about $30. and relocating some wires isn't too hard... 

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version