Forum > 5.0 Mustang technical forum

81 CAPRI, 351, T5, 8.8 POSI...WANT TO HEAR RUN....HELLLPPPP!!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

rmodel65:
on the fox bodies there is a plug that goes on the clutch pedal if you unplug that you can jump it(the auto cars had a little plug in that jumped it) and by pass the neutral safety switch...

fordman1985:
the car was an automatic car originally. does that help? ive tried to jump it from under neath the car, and i heard some noise coming from near the solenoid, but when i tried to turn the key over, i still got nothing....its driving me nuts man.

fordman1985:
i got it running!!!! i had to make a jumper wire for the neutral switch, and i had the wire harness from a truck....ffound a mustang in a junk yard, plucked the wire harness, and a few other parts (didnt know the headlight bezels are different between mustangs and capris) and it fired right up. now i think im having a problem with my ignition switch....my car wont fire until my key turns back....thanks for the help tho guys.

rmodel65:
there was a recall on the ignition switches back in the day...i dunno if its still a valid recall(meaning ford will pay for parts) but an ignition switch is pretty cheap

fordman1985:
yeah, i got a complete steering column out of my 88, that still has the ign. switch on it, so i think im good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version