Author Topic: possible future problems? new noises  (Read 2817 times)

possible future problems? new noises
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »
I bought a used mustang GT 06 a few months ago, and have been loving it.
It had about 16k on it, and was in great shape from what I could tell.  I had a mechanic take a look at it too, and it checked out alright.

The only thing i noticed was an annoying rattling noise that came from the passenger side.  It goes away after driving about 5-10 minutes, but i havent been able to pinpoint what it is.  Sounds like the console or something higher up.

Anyways, I had a problem starting my car for the first time after putting about 1500 on it myself.  Now when i start the car, it shakes a little more than it used to and has a quick pop noise.  It seems to run fine otherwise, but I was just wondering from experience if anyone else knows what sort of problems I should expect down the line?

I live in michigan and the weather has been shifting back and forth alot lately, so i figure maybe that's a factor?

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
Re: possible future problems? new noises
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 01:06:34 AM »
fuel pressure, find out if its within specs

• Mustang: 2007 Mustang GT
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »
When's the last time you changed the fuel filter?? Sounds stupid, but if the fuel filter is clogged on these cars it can send the fuel pressure haywire.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »
I haven't personally since i just got it at 16.5, but i will look into it, thanks guys!

Would this also cause that interior-sounding rattling at all, or is that just probably some loose console/dash i'd need to look into?  The only reason it confuses me is because it goes away after 10 or so minutes.

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:47:31 AM »
Sounds like you have a naked woman in there trying to get out.  ;D Nah, I have no idea.  Apparently you have something loose that needs tightening to stop the rattle.  You need to get a buddy to ride with you to locate the exact area where the rattling is taking place and investigate further from there. 

Other languages
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring

Dallas Mustang

LO-FI Version
Mustang classifieds
Muscle car classifieds
Classic Mustang FAQ

Mustangs for sale

Top Posters

Used Cars for sale - Ford Mustang classifieds - Forum Camaro FR