Author Topic: 99 ford mustang fuel pump, filter problem  (Read 10790 times)

airwaves

99 ford mustang fuel pump, filter problem
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »
I have a 99 ford mustang v6, i recently replaced the fuel pump as well as the fuel filter. apperently that was the problem a few days ago. i bought everything new, after that was in for some reason the car still didnt start, so finally it was realized that there was air in the gas? this car is fuel injected. Only started about twice, then left sitting for about 7 hours, now it doesnt start anymore. Any ideas on what it could be? New fuel pump was already checked and that wasnt the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
Re: 99 ford mustang fuel pump, filter problem
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »
check to see if the fuse is good, also check the impact switch in the trunk it will cut power if you bumped the car hard enough while working on it

thyreaper

• Mustang: 96 mustang gt 5spd
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »
when it doest start i'd check ur injector pulse see if you have one and also see if u have spark you can get the took that plugs into the injector harness at ur local autoparts store and get someone to look at it to see if it lights up while you or someone cranks it over and the same with the spark tool... use both on your #1 cylinder... then go from there

louise03

• Mustang: Ford Focus Coupe SES 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »
I have a 99 ford mustang v6, i recently replaced the fuel pump as well as the fuel filter. apperently that was the problem a few days ago. i bought everything new, after that was in for some reason the car still didnt start, so finally it was realized that there was air in the gas? this car is fuel injected. Only started about twice, then left sitting for about 7 hours, now it doesnt start anymore. Any ideas on what it could be? New fuel pump was already checked and that wasnt the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

If their suggestions still didn't work better ask help from a mechanic to be sure on what to do.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version