Author Topic: 2007 GT modifications  (Read 7993 times)

RAGDADDY

• Mustang: 2007 GT
2007 GT modifications
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:23:03 AM »
I bought a new '07 GT in last June.  Right away, I added a few things- Boss Custom 20" rims w/ lo-pros on them. SLP Loudmouth axle back exhaust/a Max Energy Programmer by Hypertech/and a matching Grabber Orange Cold Air Intake by JLT Performance.  It was decent before, with the add-ons, it is a bit better.  I plan to put some pulleys on it in the spring.  What else can I put on it besides an off road pipe, or throttle body for performance?

Bossnutt

• My Mustang Site
  • Mustang: 1985 Project car
Re: 2007 GT modifications
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:53:52 AM »
Granted I know absolutely nothing about the newer models, but can you add a high performance chip to it?

RAGDADDY

• Mustang: 2007 GT
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
I ALREADY USED THE  HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY PROGRAMMER TO UP THE RPMS, ADJUST THE COMPUTER FOR THE COLD AIR INTAKE, ADJUST SPEEDO FOR TIRE/RIM SIZE.  I'D LIKE TO PUT AN H/OR X PIPE ON IT BUT.  ONE OF THE GUYS AT MY GYM TOLD ME THAT CHANGING TO AN OFF-ROAD PIPE WILL MAKE THE CAR SOUND OBNOXIOUS AS HECK!  I'D LIKE TO DO MORE BUT, DON'T WANT TO VOID THE WARRANTY.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, BROTHER. 

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »
 There is all kind of performance parts available and if you get them installed by a Ford dealership, you can still have your Mustang under warranty. Ford Racing is the best source for performance parts that will not void the warranty and they have a huge list of options depending of your budget. I personally don't find anything wrong with the sound of a V8 with racing exhaust but the choice is up to you not your gym teacher  ;D
By the way, Bossnutt is a sister and not a brother  :D

gwallis

• Mustang: 1999 Cobra
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
I've installed some throttle body spacers, it was good for a few HP at the dyno.

http://www.wheelsmustang.com/mustang-throttle-body-2005-2009-throttle-body-c-38_40_47

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version